SOTM story


In late January, 2020,  William Estes was announced Student of the Month, a unanimous vote from the school judges.



“William is an outstanding athletic student, a smart aleck that you can’t outwit, and a confident man,” Mark Robinson said, the principal and leading judge of the Student of the Month event. “He could be a leader.”



William had a questionable GPA of 4.6, and is one of the leaders of art club, one of the most prestigious clubs in Bowie High school. 



“I was shocked,” Don Holland said, one of William’s friends. William Estes is known in the school for his strength, not his intelligence.” 



William was the only candidate left applying to Student of the Month. During the week of judging and deciding, 4 out of 5 candidates were in the hospital due to severe injuries.



"[I won] through academics, not violence, I swear." said William Estes.



The title of Student of the Month was a huge benefactor towards William’s terrifying reputation in the school, a key desire for William himself.



“I get to get respect on the street and intimidate everyone because I’m so much better than them,” William said. “I wanted to be better than everyone else, even though I already am. I wanted to prove to everyone that I am better."



Don Holland has concerns about William’s future plans, especially after the prideful response expressed from William Estes.



“I feel afraid,” Holland said. “I feel like William is going to do crazy stuff since he's won something in a while. Last time William won an award, he began painting furiously, for over 80 hours. I'm afraid.”



For next Student of the Month, Principal Robinson gave his personal advice on what to expect from future candidates of Student of the Month.



I personally felt threatened in [William’s] presence,” Robinson said. “He had a menacing but confident attitude, an attribute I believe we need more of in our students.



Student of the Month 2021 applications are available on December 2nd, 2020. However, William Estes gave a warning to future applicants.



“I’m always going to be Student of the Month.”

Comments

Popular Posts